A couple of years ago, I built an indoor/no-wind kite I named the Choris Aéra, which is Greek for “No Wind”, at least according to Google Translate. Despite my efforts, I wasn’t quite satisfied with its flying characteristics, so I’ve been tweaking its sail, spars, and bridle.
Although I’ve seen some improvements, it still wasn’t where I wanted it to be. So, I decided to make some more changes, this time focusing on the bridle. I removed the original bridle completely and added another very simple one inspired by images shared on the internet.
In this post, you can take a closer look at the new bridle, and in the video below, I’ll let you in on the first test flight with this new bridle. I’m pleased to report that the Choris Aéra is now a much better indoor flyer!