So after a cup or two of coffee, I checked the content of the kite bag and the rucksack. Yes, all the kites and all the other stuff was ready to go!
Today I hoped the conditions would be good for the initial flight of my latest creation, the Asymmetric Rokkaku!
I got to the beach and I soon found that the wind was too light. I tried to do a couple of launches, but there wasn’t enough wind to keep the kite aloft.
However, according to the weather forecast, the wind should pick up somewhat in an hour or so. I decided to fly a QLK more suitable for the light wind conditions while waiting.
…and I didn’t have to wait long. After thirty minutes give or take, the wind had surely picked up and I was ready to give it another go.
This time things worked out fine and after some minor bridle tweaks, the Asymmetric Rokkaku soared to the sky where it sat Rok solid!
It’s so satisfying, whenever you’ve made a new kite, to see it fly just the way you hoped! Just like with this little Rok’. I let out some more line and the kite climbed higher in the sky looking just like a tiny orange dot high up there.
I left it there for an hour or so while I went over to another sandbank to give the A-Quad Hardcore a spin. But that’s another story…