As you probably also know is that the NKM for some years now has coincided with the Wind Festival at Blokhus and Løkken. The Dates for this Wind Festival are May 22nd and 23rd. I don’t know if the Wind Festival is going to be held this year, you better check that out from other sources.
The Nordic Kite Meeting (as AERIALIS Kites is co-arranging) this year was to have taken place from May 18th through May 23rd. However, after a quick (internal) discussion, we have decided to postpone the Meeting. This is once again due to the Covid-19 situation.
But as you can see from the above paragraph, the Meeting is postponed, not cancelled. At least not yet! 😉
So what exactly does that mean? Well, it’s kind of hard to plan for kite festivals and other these times, but we hope to attend another Danish kite festival later this year and throw in the ingredients of a true Nordic Kite Meeting at that festival. The Danish Kite Association have their annual festival at Rømø the first weekend of September. Hopefully, things are back to a kind of normal that makes it possible to go to that festival. So – until further notice – we regard it as some kind of “light at the end of the tunnel”!
So – if everything works out – we hold the meeting on the vast beach of the Danish island of Rømø from September 1st through 5th!
Fingers crossed!!! 🤞🤞🤞